A new line of folding kayaks from Aqua-Xtreme

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

mje
Site Admin

A new line of folding kayaks from Aqua-Xtreme

Post by mje »

I've been talking to the people at Aqua-Xtreme (http://www.aqua-xtreme.com/), a new company making folding boats in Israel. There's not a lot of detail on the construction of their boats at their website yet, but they're adding to it, and it's worth a peek. They've suggested I'll be able to get a review boat next Spring. Watch this space for details as they become available.
Michael Edelman
FoldingKayaks.org Webmaster

Christov_Tenn

Re: A new line of folding kayaks from Aqua-Xtreme

Post by Christov_Tenn »

Beautiful country, Israel. And a great place for a folding kayak. I'd like to revisit sans the drunk, disorderly behavior I exhibited as a young man.

Bulawayo56

Post by Bulawayo56 »

Has anyone purchased an Aqua-Xtreme canoe/kayak or seen one close up?

What are they really like - the workmanship, quality, anything prone to breakage, etc? The Challenge series of boats, in the photos, appear to have a loose skin, and the frames, flimsy, whereas the sea kayak seems sturdy.

S

mje
Site Admin

Post by mje »

Michael Edelman
FoldingKayaks.org Webmaster

Iftah
paddler

Post by Iftah »

Is there anyone here that bought one of their kayaks and can give us a quick simple review ?

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

Just spotted a posted ad on another paddling forum for Aqua Xtreme of Israel's composite, folding and inflatable kayaks they are trying to market in the US, most under $2000. I found this earlier post (the string began in 2008!!) and thought I would add this update.

http://www.aqua-xtreme.com

The folders look like semi knockoffs of Feathercrafts, kind of a lower end Wisper/Kahuna hybrid. One model has a transparent skin, a rather strange idea, though skin-on-frame builders often use clear poly material for a test skin when tweaking a frame before the final skinning with fabric.

Their website seems rather unfinished. I've never heard of the brand at all. They list worldwide dealerships, including 3 in the US (seems to be Illinois, Washington state and southern California). Currently offering free shipping through this month, but I could find no reviews on the web for any of the models.
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15