Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:12 pm 
I just ordered one of these paddles from Superiorkayaks. I'll post a review as soon as it arrives (whenever that's going to be, i ordered it yesterday.) Does anyone here use one, or a 1-piece from Superiorkayaks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:21 am 
I use GP's, and have tried the Superiors. I saw the prototype two piece carbon last season, it is a sweet paddle. You will be pleased.

I carve my own.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:31 pm 
I'm gonna bump this thread up, see if I can get some more opinions. I'm curious to try a GP style padde, but I'm totally spoiled with my ultralight Werner carbon fiber Kalliste. Obviously this model is way expensive :shock: but, other than that, I'd love any input. It'd primarily be used with a LH Mark 1. Would the 90" model be long enough? I have no experience with GPs at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:51 pm 
I didn't like using 89" GP with MK1 (2-piece FC Klatwa). GP "likes" low and narrow hulls, this is where it works the best. Wide cockpit of MK1 with high wooden coaming was getting in the way. May be longer GP would work better, I didn't have a chance to try, as decided to sell Mk1 after a season and keep Kahuna. Klatwa is roughly 30-40% heavier than Superior - about 37oz VS reportedly 26oz of Superior, this is a big difference, but it costs 2 or 3 times less.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:24 pm 
Thanks Alm. After reading a little more, it was sounding like a GP would work better with skinnier boats. I think I'll stick with my Werners.