Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 am 
recent arrival

So, back in 2006 I bought this boat while I was stationed in Tacoma. See here: http://foldingkayaks.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=563&p=4842#p4842

Then, predictably, I got stationed inland for the next 12 years and it's been sitting in storage and only taken out to do maintenance. Now it looks like I'm settling permanently in Colorado as I retire from the Army. In the meanwhile I have gotten more into hiking, so I really don't need this kayak any more.

It has about 20 days on the water. Seriously. I was in residency when I was in Tacoma, so I didn't exactly have copious free time. The frame was a "factory second", ostensibly for cosmetic reasons but I cannot figure out what was meant by that unless it is some running epoxy in a couple of spots:

...and a missing arrow on one of the deck members:

Though the other side is properly marked:

It's a Mk.II Expedition model, with burgundy SeaMark decking. It has both fore and aft hatches. The hull has the protective keel strip but not chine strips.

I'm including a lot of accessories. For instance, the Werner and Bending Branches paddles are included:

Included is the field repair kit from Long Haul:

It is missing the urethane epoxy because I could not ship it when I moved to and from Europe, and some of the expendables such as the sandpaper, duct tape, and the three little bits of wood were ruined when my bottle of Boe-Shield leaked. The rest is there.

I also have a pair of pogies, a throw line, a cheap mooring line, a paddle leash, a pump, a sponge, and a deck compass:

I'll throw in a Kokatat inflatable PFD:

Again, I couldn't ship the CO2 canister, so you'd need to replace that or use the blow tube. You can get them from Kokatat.

Also included is the kit to turn the Mk.II into a (very large) solo kayak, as well as a sling-style seat (in addition to the two standard seats):

There are no repairs or damage except normal assembly/disassembly wear, such as where the gunnels snap together:

I inflated the sponsons to take the pictures and left them inflated over night, and noticed no leakage.

So, with all the extras is half-price about $3000 (USD)? Frankly, I'm a bit boggled at how to ship it, so ideas are welcome. Shipping is on you.

Last edited by acrosome on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 am 
recent arrival

Bump- Price reduced! Now $2500!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 am 
recent arrival

Hey, all. This kayak has been sold. Thanks.