Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:15 pm 
Selling a kayak to-the-side outboard motor. Technical highlight of the 60s, maker Zündapp of Munich, model name Delphin features 2.3 h.p. Speeds up your kayak to 20 km/h. Used just 10 times by the first owner, a pensioner. The second owner gave it to a Zündapp engineer for complete overhaul but never used it. Many new replacement parts like all bearings, bushings, piston rings, etc etc... Last year when i'd bought the motor from the second owner, there still was some of the original wax on the motor, which was sprayed by the Zündapp factory against corrosion in 1960. I had tested this motor during my last holiday. It does start immediately at first stroke and runs perfectly. Watch the motor at faltbootbasteln.de , photos and additional informations on request. I sell only because i have the chance to buy an old-time folding jolly boat. Asking 400 EUR plus shipping. I also have a Sachs Motor from 1933 for sale, please ask. Those motors were used by Hermann Rauschert and Georg Wolfschmitt during folding kayak arctic expeditions in the 1930s.

cheers, Frank