Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:15 pm 
recent arrival

Aerius 1 in excellent condition - boat was used only a few times and has been in climate controlled storage since. Comes with all original accessories. Boat is in New Mexico, where there isn't a lot of opportunity to use it. Asking $1550 OBO plus actual cost of shipping. Photos will be available soon for anyone needing them. Nice carbon fiber paddle might also be available.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm 
recent arrival

Just interested in why I've received no replies or inquiries about this boat. I'm willing to bargain. Is the model too outdated or is there some other issues that's dampening interest? Photos to follow...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:59 am 
lord high faltbotmeister

My $.02 is that you would do best putting this on ebay or even craigslist. Be aware, however, that ebay's new commission structure is very steep, I think it is now 10% plus the PayPal fees. But you get exposure to a market that you just can't reach any other way.
That said, you need pics, and they need to be high quality and they need to show everything about the boat, especially the hull condition.
I would stay away from loose descriptions like "only used a few times" and "might be available" and "all original accessories". If the boat is in pristine condition just say that and prove it with pics. If the paddle is included jus say that. List the accessories and their condition.
As for being outdated, well, that depends. There are some minor differences between an A1 over the last 15 years and the current model, the only significant one being the length of the cockpit which is longer in the current model. No big deal for most folks. If you have a much earlier model then we are talking significant differences, but since you don't state the year it is hard to tell.
Hard to say about price. I just picked up a perfect A1 Expedition for $1,700 with the help of a friendly forum member. I consider that a very good find. If your A1 is in similar condition I think you are in the ballpark with $1,500. Bear in mind that you are competing with numerous K-Lights and Kahunas, which are selling for $1,000 - $1,500 on ebay.

Best of luck with your sale,
g

1990's A1 Expedition
2010 Klepper Quattro
Kayaksailer
Balogh sail rig, 24 + 36 HP
Torqeedo outboard
1938 Sachs-Fichtel seitenbordmotor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:37 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Smaller Marketplace. Most forum members here have a good collection of paddlecraft. Being in New Mexico, best bets would be Ebay, Paddling Net for national exposure. Craigslist is free so worth a shot. Good luck.

Northwest Sportee (SuperBoat)
Innova Safari
Mariner I
Feathercraft Java
Nautiraid 14
Innova Sunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:43 pm 
knight of the folding kayak realm

I second what Chuck said. In addition: Photo's and age are good to know!
It is helpful if you can show the kayak fully assembled plus the complete bare frame and a shot of just the accessories.
Yes, while many of us tend to have a good collection of kayaks, there is often room for one more...

Chris O.

Pionier 450 S
Kette SE 54
Mariner Coaster
HSF Horst Hartung Slalom 50
P&H Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:59 pm 
recent arrival

Thanks for your input, everybody. Having some camera problems but wlll get photos up today. I really dislike eBay, with their miserable fee structure and their restrictions on getting paid - you now have to wait up to 21 days for payment to clear Paypal...which I simply can not work with. Also, you're getting stuck twice for fees using their system, it's just extortionate, which in turn means that I can't give people a good deal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 am 
recent arrival

still for sale?

Bill Abney
Klepper Nerius II
b.abney@icloud.com