Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:33 pm 
forum fanatic

For sale is a K1 folding kayak in great condition. I am the second owner of the boat. The first owner used it once on a 6 day float, since I purchased it in 2013 I have used it a handful of times on the Chesapeake Bay, and then this past summer on a 700 mile tour of Southeast Alaska. Now that the trip I bought it for is over, and I am in in graduate school in a landlocked state, it is time for me to sell it. This is truly a boat that you fall in love with. It got me through some absolutely wild waters in Alaska, all while easily carrying all of my equipment to live unsupported in the wilderness for quite some time.

The fella I bought it from got it new in 2009 with several upgrades. Those upgrades are: double-coated nylon sea sock ($90), double-coated nylon spray skirt ($45), and mast adaptation for sailing rig ($170). Note that the mast adaptation did not include a mast or sail, I believe people that use it usually get the Spinnaker sail system. I am including several extras I purchased for my trip as well: Feathercraft tie-down strap, patch kit, open bottle of boeshield, unopened bottle of boeshield, Seals Surf 2.2 neoprene spray skirt size M, and Seals cockpit cover.

There are a few signs of use that I would like to point out (all in pictures), none of which have effected the kayak's ability to perform. A small piece of the plastic stern bar has flaked off revealing one of the screws. As expected on a multi-month journey there were some harsher landings, and the hull does have a few scrapes (pictures). The worst ones are all on the double-reinforced sections, and I never needed to even open the patch kit, the hull is still in overall great shape. The patch kit does contain both deck and hull material in the event you do tear the boat, and need to fix it. There is also visible delamination on the sea sock, but it still creates an air-proof seal, and I never had an issue with water entering the boat.

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/124370546 ... 2126944916

I am asking $3200, and I am willing to ship if buyer pays shipping. Thank you for looking.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 pm 
recent arrival

Hello.

Is the boat still available?

james