Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Klepper Master Rescue
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:31 pm 
recent arrival

Hi,

Not sure if this is a proper place to post this, but we recently rescued a Vintage Klepper Master that had been stored in step dad's hanger since 1977 (first registered in 1966). I'm afraid the skin is beyond repair (rat damage and poor storage) and since we are not big enthusiasts, can't justify the cost of replacing it. The Frame is in great condition and all the parts appear to be there, including 2 Lahna paddles. There is some discoloration (white spots on finish) on some of the hardware, but no rust and all latches are working properly. Also, the metal peg (thingy) attached to the clip that the Stern clips to at the bottom had been broken off, but it still connects there without the peg and seems stable enough. It also has the bags for both the frame and hull (also not in great shape), and I still have the hull if anyone thinks they can salvage it.

I've done research and it appears that these are few and far between. Asking $600. Shipping from Lake Tahoe. Here is a link to the pics https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zlfbxi14insi ... RgS1a?dl=0

Your comments are appreciated. Please contact me at gypsywolff13@gmail.com

Cheers,
Roma