Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:26 pm 
paddler

This Greenland II is in very good condition although the dark blue fabric has faded quite a bit. Mechanically it's in very good shape with new rivets where old ones were getting loose and a couple of new polycarbonate plates. Hull is in very good condition with just some scuff marks. Zippers work well. Many upgrades including the larger bow and stern side frame end plates (instead of the original small clips), aluminum washboards, keel protective strips, and improved and much more comfortable seats. Also includes a pair of Werner Camano 2 piece, fiberglass, high performance paddles ($275 per paddle, new) in place of the heavy aluminium OEM paddles.
Includes rudder, stern and bow flotation, spray deck, bilge pump, OEM storage cover, many spare parts, and original carry bags.
As a bonus I'm including the Folbot downwind sail (looks like a large diamond shaped kite on an aluminum mast mounted through a hole in the special Folbot nose plate at the front of the cockpit) which is great fun and doesn't require outriggers, etc. Paddle into the wind for a couple of hours and sail back! About 5 minutes to set it up. No, I'm not willing to sell this sail separately.

$600 with pick up in NW Colorado or will ship for whatever charges are necessary.

I also have the Folbot UPWIND sail rig which has been sailed about a half dozen times and is in excellent condition. Comes with everything included in the original kit (i.e., sailcloth, mast, outriggers, leeboard, rigging hardware, mast step, instructions and original carry bag). There is some staining on the sailcloth yellow fabric sleeve which slips over the assembled mast but does not in any way affect the functionality (could no doubt be cleaned if desired). The actual sail area is very clean.

$450 or $400 with the GII

Please contact me with any questions. I can email some pix if interested.

Marty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:56 pm 
paddler

Upwind sail has been sold.