Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm 
forum fanatic

I hope this is the correct place to ask what this boat is worth??

I've had it for years, it is pristine. But I think it's time to sell it. Any ideas on value?

This one has front and rear hatches, marine nav equippment, 2 carbon fiber paddles and a lot more... Full sail and rigging (red bag) See posted photos. I'm really not sure what it's worth. I know I paid almost $5000 new and spent a ton more on design and the outrigger. It's been in the water only a half dozen (no rivers) times and stored properly. I enjoy customizing and working on them as much as using but, due to a motorcycle injury, I'm unable to use it. I'll post a link to the project and if you're interested, you can email me at rex@magrecords.com. I think the forum will notify me with a question but I'm not sure. Love this place and wish I could continue.

It's a custom Klepper Quattro (also used for black-ops) you can see the rather impressive specs. https://www.klepperamerica.com

Be sure to click through ALL of the pages since there are lots of photos and the final results on the last page. Was really fun for me to play with this boat. The boat can do far more serious work than what I did. If set up with no sail, it's exactly as it was. If you want other photos, I have them. The final design in in place and will attach and detach with zero mod's to the original boat. All worked far better than I expected! even in white water the Ama flying or digging was solid as a rock!.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2755&p=17915#p17915

Thanks much all.

Rex Neilson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 am 
knight of the folding kayak realm

Beautiful. I really enjoyed reading your thread about the outriggers. I have recently acquired a Quattro XT with outriggers and sailing rig (Careen, but outriggers missing a key part that I'll have to acquire or get made up), and shot skin that needs replacing (was left outside & canvas rotted). It is a project. Your thread provides much inspiration!
Good luck with your sale.
Ian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 pm 
forum fanatic

Thank you very much for the kind words.

It's funny... we don't have many (if any) folding kayak people here in San Diego but since posting the inquiry above, I've been in contact with a few enthusiasts across the US. All this talk about it is re-inspiring me. Maybe I'll just think about this some more...

It is as much fun working on them as it is sailing or paddling!

Best of luck with you're new Klepper!

Rex