Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:37 am 
recent arrival

In like new condition and it includes the adapter mount for Klepper Aerius solo and tandem boats. Blue and white sail with bag. Cost new is $850 will sell for $500 plus shipping from Oregon. 720-560-1178

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:16 am 
knight of the folding kayak realm

Hi,
I am very interested in this. I live in the UK and I imagine postage to the UK might be prohibitively expensive. (Though very happy to hear otherwise if anyone has tried this.) However, I have family across the border in Canada, British Columbia, who I know would receive it for me and look after it until I collect. I wonder how much postage would cost to BC (and how/whether there would be customs payable). The other alternative would be to see if I could get it delivered to my wife's office in New York and ask her to bring it home to me next time she flies out there on business (which is next month I think). Could you comment on how big/heavy the folding package is if I want to fly it home?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer on the likely cost of postage/courier to BC, NY or UK, and whether you think it would be reasonable to try and fly with the package (or the dimensions and I can investigate that myself—and perhaps look into cost of couriers to the three destinations). I do understand if you decide it would be easier for you to sell it to someone local. :-)

All the best,
Ian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:26 am 
recent arrival

Hi Ian,
I will look into the shipping costs to BC or NY and get you some measurements associated as I can. Our shop has been rather busy lately.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:49 pm 

That's very kind of you. Thanks. I look forward to hearing.
All the best,
Ian :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:10 pm 
recent arrival

Hi! I sent you an email regarding the kayaksailor rig. If still available, I'm interested. Could probably arrange local pickup, depending on your location. Thanks!

ptj

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:10 am 

Hi Watermark,
I see you have a local offer that may be more convenient for you. Please feel free to accept it. And thank you very much for offering to look at the postage costs. I was made an alternative offer and have now accepted it. I do hope I haven't put you to trouble.
Thanks again and all the best,
Ian