Feathercraft Kayak Parts and Folbot Aleut Parts

For selling folding kayaks and related items. No eBay links, and no commercial ads, please. Please include an asking price with all For Sale posts. And please mark sold items as SOLD in the header!

(If you make a sale, how about making a small donation to the site?)

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

kurty
forum fanatic

Re: Feathercraft Kayak Parts and Folbot Aleut Parts

Post by kurty »

KerryOnKayaks wrote:OK, I see that's an older model with the single valve for the back lumbar adjustment -- presuming the seat is solid foam?
I will take couple more pix of the seat to show what's inside the cover in next couple days.

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

The seat in my 2011 Wisper has a separate valve for inflation of the seat, but the seats in my older Kahuna and K-1 only had solid foam in the seat -- the lumbar adjustment was inflatable in the seat backs.

Since the kayaks I am restoring don't have a sling support for the seat, as Feathercrafts have, I would prefer an inflatable seat to cushion better against the frame longerons. That is why I am asking so many questions about the seats you have.

Again, no rush on answers -- I will be working on the restorations over the winter.
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15

kurty
forum fanatic

Post by kurty »

Sorry to reply this late with busy work and family matters. And will reply more in detail over the weekend.

Thank you very much for the patience. I has been busy these days.

Here are some pix about the seat.
Attachments
IMG_3525.JPG
IMG_3525.JPG (63.29 KiB) Viewed 57 times
IMG_3526.JPG
IMG_3526.JPG (46.95 KiB) Viewed 57 times
IMG_3527.JPG
IMG_3527.JPG (40.24 KiB) Viewed 57 times

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

I see -- that's the hard foam layer with the inflatable pad below it -- I can sew a new nylon cover for it, using my Wisper seat as a pattern.

So I'm still interested. I'll watch for additional posts of related parts. Again, no rush. I'm swamped myself for the next couple of weeks between Thanksgiving (I'm hosting) and trying to help my brother in upstate NY buy a pick up truck near me -- he's 550 miles away but there is more selection and better prices here.
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15

westcoastwill
paddler

Post by westcoastwill »

Is that seasock still for sale? sending you a p.m.

kurty
forum fanatic

Post by kurty »

KerryOnKayaks wrote:I see -- that's the hard foam layer with the inflatable pad below it -- I can sew a new nylon cover for it, using my Wisper seat as a pattern.

So I'm still interested. I'll watch for additional posts of related parts. Again, no rush. I'm swamped myself for the next couple of weeks between Thanksgiving (I'm hosting) and trying to help my brother in upstate NY buy a pick up truck near me -- he's 550 miles away but there is more selection and better prices here.
I will reply you this weekend.

So sorry I has been so busy these days. I will lead 20 sea kayak friends from Asia to Alaska for kayaking. Huge project cost me so much time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Folbot-Aleut-F ... :rk:2:pf:0

That's me and you can find some items over there. Also perfect rating from Ebay, but mostly as buyer.

kurty
forum fanatic

Post by kurty »

These days people seems to have quite some interest about items if with fair price.

On the very first day as a seller on Ebay, one of our hardshell kayak was sold. And the Aleut Cross Ribs are pending right now.

But I have dozens items ( including hardshell accessories or item like PFD from overstock or donation) to sell in the future. We are nonprofit/charity group on outdoor education.

kurty
forum fanatic

Post by kurty »

K1 2000/2001 version:

Coaming ( sold)

One whole skin in very good shape. No any damage or patch. Prefer local pickup or ship when sell at good price.

Or

Hatch rims ( 2 of them) in great shape.

Harmon57
recent arrival

Post by Harmon57 »

March 6, 2019

Greetings from Florida.

I am looking for two sliding adjustable foot braces for a feathercraft kahuna. Can you help?

Many thanks.

Jim Harmon
917-680-4401

Return to “For Sale: Folding Kayaks and accessories”