Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:48 am 
forum fanatic

Selling a used "lil Klepper" in very good condition. Comes with a Feathercraft rudder that works great -- should you want to put a sail on this boat. The A2000 is almost identical to today's Scout model -- weighing just under 50 lbs. New cost for this boat is about $3500.
Has the black expedition hypalon skin with no patches or cracking and the extra keel strips. Air sponsoons hold air perfectly. Top deck is red -- some normal fading -- but no issues and is still very robust. Did put a couple of extra (small) protective pieces of Egyptian cotton on the top deck to protect two places where I thought the skin was getting a little thin. Overall the skin is great though. Should last you another 20 years -- if you take care of it. Klepper can also get you a new skin, should you ever want one.
Cockpit combing and ribs still look good, as does the entire frame. Set up for a BSD sail rig should you want to go that route. Would also take a Kayak Sailor quite well. Nice life line around the entire boat.
With a little practice, you can assemble this kayak in 20 mins -- pretty easy and intuitive, which is typical of all Kleppers and Long Hauls.. Only selling cuz the owner is always travelling (work) and so gets no use. He also has too many boats!! :lol:

12.5' length
48 lbs
28" beam
Full size cockpit combing is the same size as a Long Haul Mark 1 l or Klepper A-1
Packs down small for airlines travel -- no bag but recommend using a medium duffel and a snowboard bag (for the frame).

Boat is located in the Washington DC area, but I am selling for my friend who works for the EPA and is always travelling and doesn't know as much about folding kayaks as I do.
I have several good recent pics of the boat and some with a BSD rig attached (not included). Just call or text please. Too much spam and fake people using email.
This great little folding kayak can be safely Fedexed to just about anywhere in the United States for under $100. Would box it for you and fully insure the package. Cash in person preferred, but could also accept Paypal.
Jeff
919-414-4350