Nautiraid 15' Raid 1 kayak $400 obo -Raleigh, NC

For selling folding kayaks and related items. No eBay links, and no commercial ads, please. Please include an asking price with all For Sale posts. And please mark sold items as SOLD in the header!

(If you make a sale, how about making a small donation to the site?)

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

Jaybyrd
forum fanatic

Nautiraid 15' Raid 1 kayak $400 obo -Raleigh, NC

Post by Jaybyrd »

15' Nautiraid Raid I (solo) French made folding kayak for sale. Kayak Sailor just sold but leaving the pic on here so you can see what you can do with this boat. The hypalon bottom in very good condition (with extra keel strips) while the fabric top (a cool orange color) is in excellent condition. All wooden frame, ribs + leather connectors are also solid, no issues. No patches.
Price just for boat is $400 + shipping. Can be Fedexed in two boxes -- around $100 - $150.
Nautraids are very robust; just as strong (or stronger) than any Klepper EXP or Long Haul kayak (I've owned and paddled all three extensively). The French system of assembly is clever. A little different from Kleppers/Long Hauls -- but similiar. With practice, it's not really any more difficult.
The boat is 15' 3" long, 26.5" beam. Weight around 60-65 lbs. It has a roomy cockpit, even for a pretty big person. Frame fits in Nautirad waterproof bag, also included. Its an extremely stable a sea worthy kayak, even in very rough ocean conditions. See short review here: https://paddling.com/gear/nautiraid-folding-kayaks-raid-i-mk-ii-kayak/
Both bladders hold air fine, although one side has a non standard tube. You can replace it with a Kleeper Scount bladder from Klepper America for $55 if you like. They are readily available.
Also includes a two piece Naitiraid spray skirt + cockpit cover. The skirt is in excellent condition and the cover is used but works. Boat currently has no real rudder foot pedals, but they are also available from Klepper America (Gerald in Bellingham, Wa) for $125.
But unless you are sailing, this boat tracks great, as there is no up swept bow to catch wind and you won't need the rudder.
Boat could accept a 1.4 meter Kayak Sailor -- see pic (now sold). Stainless steel D rigs have been glued to the sides of the boat to accept the stays of the Kayak Sailor -- which is very helpful with that rig.
Can accept PayPal or cash. Possibly meet you somewhere (if I don't have to drive too far).
I also have good boxes and could Fedex anywhere in the U.S. for around $100 - $150. (2 boxes).
Lots of pics and happy to talk to you in detail. You can also see a few more pics on Raleigh Craigslist. I've had several Nautiraids and at least 3 different Kayak Sailor rigs over the years. I'll also include some of my own assemble directions, or if you want, be available by phone when you assemble (the first time).
You can reply here, but would be much better to just give me a call/text.
I'm Jeff at 919-414-4350.
IMG_1929 Nautiraid resized 2.JPG
IMG_1929 Nautiraid resized 2.JPG (46.55 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Attachments
IMG_1907 Resized Nautiraid.JPG
IMG_1907 Resized Nautiraid.JPG (43.69 KiB) Viewed 177 times

Jaybyrd
forum fanatic

Re: Nautiraid 15' Raid 1 kayak $300 obo -Raleigh, NC

Post by Jaybyrd »

Jaybyrd wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:34 pm
15' Nautiraid Raid I (solo) French made folding kayak for sale. Kayak Sailor just sold but leaving the pic on here so you can see what you can do with this boat. The hypalon bottom in very good condition (with extra keel strips) while the fabric top (a cool orange color) is in excellent condition. All wooden frame, ribs + leather connectors are also solid, no issues. No patches.
Price just for boat is $300 + shipping. Can be Fedexed in two boxes -- around $100 - $150.
Nautraids are very robust; just as strong (or stronger) than any Klepper EXP or Long Haul kayak (I've owned and paddled all three extensively). The French system of assembly is clever. A little different from Kleppers/Long Hauls -- but similiar. With practice, it's not really any more difficult.
The boat is 15' 3" long, 26.5" beam. Weight around 60-65 lbs. It has a roomy cockpit, even for a pretty big person. Frame fits in Nautirad waterproof bag, also included. Its an extremely stable a sea worthy kayak, even in very rough ocean conditions. See short review here: https://paddling.com/gear/nautiraid-fol ... -ii-kayak/
Both bladders hold air fine, although one side has a non standard tube. You can replace it with a Kleeper Scount bladder from Klepper America for $55 if you like. They are readily available.
Also includes a two piece Naitiraid spray skirt + cockpit cover. The skirt is in excellent condition and the cover is used but works. Boat currently has no real rudder foot pedals, but they are also available from Klepper America (Gerald in Bellingham, Wa) for $125.
But unless you are sailing, this boat tracks well enough, as there is no up swept bow to catch wind and you won't need the rudder.
Boat could accept a 1.4 meter Kayak Sailor -- see pic (now sold). Stainless steel D rigs have been glued to the sides of the boat to accept the stays of the Kayak Sailor -- which is very helpful with that rig.
Can accept PayPal or cash. Possibly meet you somewhere (if I don't have to drive too far).
I also have good boxes and could Fedex anywhere in the U.S. for around $100 - $150. (2 boxes).
Lots of pics and happy to talk to you in detail. You can also see a few more pics on Raleigh Craigslist. I've had several Nautiraids and at least 3 different Kayak Sailor rigs over the years. I'll also include some of my own assemble directions, or if you want, be available by phone when you assemble (the first time).
You can reply here, but would be much better to just give me a call/text.
I'm Jeff at 919-414-4350.

IMG_1907 Resized Nautiraid.JPG

Return to “For Sale: Folding Kayaks and accessories”