Newer Greenland ii with sports package

For selling folding kayaks and related items. No eBay links, and no commercial ads, please. Please include an asking price with all For Sale posts. And please mark sold items as SOLD in the header!

(If you make a sale, how about making a small donation to the site?)

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

Gouthro
forum fanatic

Newer Greenland ii with sports package

Post by Gouthro »

Well, i bought this boat about a year ago and only used it once. Other boats work better for me where i kayak. It is in very good shape. I was wondering whether anyone might give me an idea on a price for it? And also how one would secure the payment, if shipping it? It is one of the later models and is located in Montréal, Québec.
thanks for any help
Gouthro

JohnSand
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: Newer Greenland ii with sports package

Post by JohnSand »

When I try to price something, I search craigslist and ebay, especially ebay sold listings. Shipping something large like that might be pricey. Years ago I shipped a bicycle by Greyhound Bus. Good luck with it!

Gouthro
forum fanatic

Post by Gouthro »

Thanks. In fact i am not too fond of the idea of shipping. But, i did notice a little earlier on this forum, that someone did sell and ship. I was really more concerned about the payment, although i didn't state that clearly. I don't know how you would ensure that one, the buyer would get the boat after payment and two, how the seller would be assured getting the money after sending the boat.

All of that may beacademic, though, as i think i will be able to sell it around here. Maybe in April or May, when the water starts to soften.

One of the problems with the boat for me is that i am usually alone and it is a bit big to paddle. Although i used to paddle an old Super around without noticing it too much. Maybe i was younger, then
G

JohnSand
knight of the folding kayak realm

Post by JohnSand »

I understand. I'm 58, and light weight is important.
If you use Paypal on Ebay, they have some guarantees. You can use it outside of Ebay too. I have bought and sold things remotely without bad results. I agree that warmer weather is better for boat sales.

Return to “For Sale: Folding Kayaks and accessories”