Feathercraft Whisper (SOLD) & FirstLightKayaks 480c for

For selling folding kayaks and related items. No eBay links, and no commercial ads, please. Please include an asking price with all For Sale posts. And please mark sold items as SOLD in the header!

(If you make a sale, how about making a small donation to the site?)

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

TooManyBoats

Feathercraft Whisper (SOLD) & FirstLightKayaks 480c for

Post by TooManyBoats »

Hi everyone. I have managed to accumulate too many boats and I'm simply not using these enough to hold on to them. I'd like for them to find a new home where they will be properly used and enjoyed.

The boats:

Feathercraft Whisper: Purchased July 2005, lightly used, blue, neoprene skirt, excellent condition. http://www.feathercraft.com/wisper.php

FirstLight Kayaks 480c: Purchased June 2005. Used only a couple times. Turned out to be too small for me (I'm 6'4" 205) and my girlfriend doesn't enjoy kayaking as much as we had thought. The boat is amazingly light and incredibly portable. Red with keel strips and neoprene skirt. http://www.firstlightkayaks.com/range.html

Other gear: If anyone is interested I have a 4 piece Lendal touring straight shaft carbon fiber paddle I don't need. http://www.lendal.com/page.asp?pgid=500010034

EDIT: to answer questions on the paddle, it is a Kinetic touring CF 220cm.
I had really envisioned selling the paddle with one of the boats, but will think about a separate sale.

Make me an offer. All of the gear is lightly used and well cared for.

Jeff
Last edited by TooManyBoats on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

kozaperch

Purchase youe boat.

Post by kozaperch »

Jeff,
I may be interested in your First Light boat. Please supply the specifics include your very best price including shipping to the Cleveland, Ohio area.
(Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023)
Thanks.
Bill kozaperch@alltel.net

omarwj

Interested in your Whisper

Post by omarwj »

We would like to make an offer on your Whisper and a few specifics would be helpful. What is included with the boat(skirt, video and instruct, seasock, skeg, etc)? What feather options does the 4-piece paddle have - RT 45, 75 or ?
A close-up photo of the bottom rub strip fore and aft would be helpful.

Thanks
Omar

kevlar

Post by kevlar »

Hi Jeff

I'm curious since I'm the exact size of you as to whether you found the Wisper too small? I'm thinking of getting one as a traveling boat. Any info you could provide would be very much appreciated.

-Kev

chrstjrn
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by chrstjrn »

Hello, responders-

It seems that you might want to try the little "email" button. The seller seems to have posted and never come back. Not necessarily a good sign...
Chris T.
~'91 Klepper A2 w/ BSD schooner rig.
'64 Klepper Passat/Tradewind and T12 restoration projects.
Non-folding: Early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift (prototype), as well as an '84 Hobie 16.

jeffreyraleigh

4 piece for sale

Post by jeffreyraleigh »

Heh do you still have the 4 piece paddle for sale? Can i get a phone number or email me at jeffreyraleigh@nc.rr.com

TooManyBoats

Post by TooManyBoats »

chrstjrn,

That is probably a fair comment, but in my defense I had a lot of things happen in the past few weeks and selling the kayaks was pushed to the back burner. It is winter after all.

Now things have calmed down a bit and I'm able to devote the necessary time to this.

kevlar,
I found the size of the boat quite nice. It was a little tight in the hips getting in and out, but once in it is very comfortable. Send me an email if you have any other questions.

Jeff

bignelie

Feather craft for sale...

Post by bignelie »

hi jeff, I too may be interested in making you an offer... Thanks Nelson bignelie@hotmail.com

cjs62

Interested in Wisper

Post by cjs62 »

Jeff,

I am in DC as well and would be interested in the Wisper if we could set up a time for me to check it out. cjs62@law.georgetown.edu

strokestoomuch

4 piece Paddle

Post by strokestoomuch »

Hi Jeff,

I'm interested in your paddle if it is still available, and was wondering what you're asking for. Also, what is condition/age. Please respond to me at mvan95@aol.com.

Thanks
Mark

chrstjrn
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by chrstjrn »

TooManyBoats wrote: That is probably a fair comment, but in my defense...

Jeff
We all get too busy sometimes. Glad to see you back with us. Good luck with the selling.
Chris T.
~'91 Klepper A2 w/ BSD schooner rig.
'64 Klepper Passat/Tradewind and T12 restoration projects.
Non-folding: Early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift (prototype), as well as an '84 Hobie 16.

TooManyBoats

Re: 4 piece Paddle

Post by TooManyBoats »

strokestoomuch wrote:Hi Jeff,

I'm interested in your paddle if it is still available, and was wondering what you're asking for. Also, what is condition/age. Please respond to me at mvan95@aol.com.

Thanks
Mark
Mark (and everyone else),
I've had a lot of interest in the paddle. I'd really like to sell it with one of the boats. That said, I might be willing to sell it separately depending on which boats get bought. I'll let you all know when I am willing to sell the paddle if whomever buys the boat(s) isn't interested.

Jeff

TooManyBoats

Post by TooManyBoats »

All,
The Whisper has been sold. I still have the FirstLightKayaks 480c and the Lendal paddle, though tsunamichuck has first dibs on the paddle since he asked about it when I first posted everything for sale.

Jeff

yuen
forum fan

Re:

Post by yuen »

is the first light still available?

I know, long time ago....

TooManyBoats wrote:All,
The Whisper has been sold. I still have the FirstLightKayaks 480c and the Lendal paddle, though tsunamichuck has first dibs on the paddle since he asked about it when I first posted everything for sale.

Jeff

Return to “For Sale: Folding Kayaks and accessories”