Lake Powell in theSpring

A place to ask about trips you're planning

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

dhup

Lake Powell in theSpring

Post by dhup »

Has anyone kayaked there since the water level has been over 100 feet below normal? Any recommended itineries for a 3 or 4 day trip? Escalante Canyon sounds and looks good but how does one get there without paddling for days in the main channel or renting a houseboat as a base? Do I shlep a Klepper double or can one trust the advertisments of the kayak rental places?

Is anyone else interested in doing this?

David

krudave
Site Admin

Post by krudave »

David, there are a couple people on the Folbot Forum who frequent Lake Powell, and they can probably give you authoritative responses if you post over there.
Dave Kruger
Astoria, OR
--
Folbot Kodiak, Cooper, and Edisto; three hardshells; Mothership: Surf Scoter the Bartender; dinghy Little Blue Duck.

tiby

Re: Lake Powell in theSpring

Post by tiby »

Hi just read your post and wondering if you went on the trip to
lake powel , or another location along the Colorado?

My wife and I are planning atrip to this area and I would like to do a float trip myself
this will be a maiden voyage for my wife. I;d like to make this trip easy and enjoyable for her.
Thanks

sroberge
forum fanatic

Re: Lake Powell in theSpring

Post by sroberge »

in january, during the shutdown, I been there for 2 trips (each lasting 10 days) out of hall's crossings if someone has question. it was great and so quiet in winter but one has to be a good winter camper to manage the nights.

Return to “Questions and Trip Planning”