Yo ho ho & a bottle of brass monkey.......

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

DirtyHarry

Yo ho ho & a bottle of brass monkey.......

Post by DirtyHarry »

& when my girly shakes her hips, she sure gets funky!

OK all Beastie Boys aside, I'm in Denver, CO and looking to get in to a folding kayak. I have a reservoir nearby and it would be great to paddle around in and fish from.

22/m/pirate

chrstjrn
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by chrstjrn »

Have you browsed the "What kayak for me?" section of this site? There's a huge amount of material there. It sounds, to me, like you're a good candidate for Folbot or Pakboats.
Chris T.
~'91 Klepper A2 w/ BSD schooner rig.
'64 Klepper Passat/Tradewind and T12 restoration projects.
Non-folding: Early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift (prototype), as well as an '84 Hobie 16.

DirtyHarry

Post by DirtyHarry »

I want something that is expedition worthy and somewhat quick to assemble/disassemble, Klepper maybe?

chrstjrn
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by chrstjrn »

Klepper, Long Haul, Folbot, Pakboat... they have all been taken on expeditions and earned praise for their performance thereupon. The latter two are at least as quick to assemble as Klepper. This has all been gone over many times in the section I mentioned.
Chris T.
~'91 Klepper A2 w/ BSD schooner rig.
'64 Klepper Passat/Tradewind and T12 restoration projects.
Non-folding: Early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift (prototype), as well as an '84 Hobie 16.

Alm

Re: Yo ho ho & a bottle of brass monkey.......

Post by Alm »

DirtyHarry wrote:I have a reservoir nearby and it would be great to paddle around in and fish from.
It is either great to paddle in, or to fish from. The better is fishing platform, the slower is paddling (and less efficient because of too big cockpit and too loose contact with the boat). Chris is right, though - this belongs to "What boat for me".

Return to “Introductions”