Greetings from Helsinki, Finland + a question

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

JussiH

Greetings from Helsinki, Finland + a question

Post by JussiH »

Hello,

Let me introduce myself briefly; I'm a 30 years old guy living and working in Helsinki, Finland. As usual, the long and dark wintertime here is good for dreaming. This winter it seems my daydream is a folding kayak. I'm not entirely new to kayaking in general; I've owned a hardshell kayak for about 10 years and made some few days trips with it. I've also owned a 25ft sailboat for 4 years, cruising around the Finnish & Swedish archipelago. So now my dream is to be able to get a kayak on board my sailboat, and also to explore the thousands of lakes we have here... I'm still undecided which boat to get, but these forums have been a great help getting familiar with the subject!

I also have a question: How can you make your location visible in your posts? There doesn't seem to be an option for location in the user profile editor, I found those fields for ICQ etc and occupation, but no location. What am I missing?

Jussi

mje
Site Admin

Post by mje »

You can set your location now. Before, you had to have a certain number of postings before you could display your location. I know have more optionas available on first registering. Thanks for mentioning this!

mike
Michael Edelman
FoldingKayaks.org Webmaster

Return to “Introductions”