Another folder from Arizona

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

codewheeney

Another folder from Arizona

Post by codewheeney »

So, Gerry (K7Baixo ) got me interested in a boating trip in 2009, and his enthusiasm, combined with some recent very simple rowing excursions with my wife, convinced me to look into a folding boat for me and my better half.

After reading here, researching, and talking with Gerry, and then having a paddle in Gerry's Long Haul, it was time to pull the trigger. Based on my size (5' 10", about 190 and should be 165 :oops: ), I decided to go with the Folbot Kodiak.

So Robin (Codewife) and I decided to buy one boat now, and another in about a month. I had a look on eBay and, lo, there's a practically brand new, yellow, Folbot Kodiak. After some hemming and hawing, I pulled the trigger and scored a great boat, in fabulous shape, from a very knowledgable and helpful paddler in Florida.

And there she is, I've christened her the Sionna,

I've now been on the water with her twice, and I'm very happy so far. I spent a little money on a good paddle (a Werner) and I've made some mods to the rudder lifting mechanism, based mainly on that seen on Gerry and Kevin's Long Haul's, and I'm very pleased. Gerry, Kevin (he who I think has registered here) and I spent Saturday on Apache Lake, near Phoenix, and the boat was wonderful.

Yours truly, paddling behind K7

Does this boat make my butt look fat? :roll:

We'll probably be ordering another Kodiak, once Codewife gets a chance to have a go in my boat and decides she likes it.

Thanks for all the advice and knowledge on the board, it's been very helpful.

JC

K7Baixo

Who?

Post by K7Baixo »

Who are you again? Just kidding... you'll find one or two people here that you might recognize from advrider. I have to be careful that I don't slip into advrider mode....

I had a report on our Saturday trip but some IT issues here led to its accidental deletion. I posted a link to the advrider version in the thread I started in the "coffeehouse" area instead of reposting it.

Kevin aka Bill the Duck doesn't appear to have registered yet. You and Kayaker276 where the last two to join.

Here is Kevin:

I recruited these guys to go to Brazil next year.

Do you know what you call kayakers who are slower than you?

Jacaré bait. :lol:

Bada boom - Image thank you folks - I'll be here all week.

OH - Jacaré? Here's a jacaré:

codewheeney

Re: Who?

Post by codewheeney »

K7Baixo wrote:I recruited these guys to go to Brazil next year.

Do you know what you call kayakers who are slower than you?

Jacaré bait. :lol:

Bada boom - Image thank you folks - I'll be here all week.

OH - Jacaré? Here's a jacaré:

Don't have to be fastest, just can't be slowest!

JC

Bill the Duck

Post by Bill the Duck »

Howdy JC!

Signed,

Bill the Slowest. :cry:

Return to “Introductions”