Room for one more?

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

Bill the Duck

Room for one more?

Post by Bill the Duck »

Howdy all,

Very nice site y'all have here. I've got a Long Haul MK1 Expedition, got it used from bignelie, who got it from Alm, both members here. Here's a pic:

Yes, it's pink. Sun fade, not choice. Anybody know how to paint/dye the deck? :lol:

gregn

Post by gregn »

Nice boat you have, Bill.

Too late now to restore original color. Use 303 aerospace protectant in the future.

By the way, have you run yet into Marshall - another MarkI owner in the area? If not, then we all will meet next year on Canyon Lake expedition around mid-February.
Last edited by gregn on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K7Baixo

Post by K7Baixo »

gregn wrote:Too late now. Use 303 aerospace protectant in the future.
Came that way to him... such is life I suppose.

Kevin - Gregn was in the valley this past winter. We'll try to catch him next winter for some paddling.

codewheeney

Re: Room for one more?

Post by codewheeney »

Bill the Duck wrote:Yes, it's pink. Sun fade, not choice. Anybody know how to paint/dye the deck? :lol:
More of a Salmon color, really.

Plus, maybe you'll make friends with the dolphins in the Rio Negro.

JC

Bill the Duck

Re: Room for one more?

Post by Bill the Duck »

codewheeney wrote:Plus, maybe you'll make friends with the dolphins in the Rio Negro.

JC
Ah yes, the pink dolphins. I think ol' Gerr had a bit too much cachaca... :wink:

And don't forget the anacondas.

And leaf cutter ants.

I hear the piranha are over-rated, so we've got that going for us.

codewheeney

Post by codewheeney »

Here's info on the Pink Dolphins, the Boto from wikipedia

JC

K7Baixo

Post by K7Baixo »

Supposedly, they're quite an attraction at Novo Airao where it sounds like there's almost a regular feeding schedule to attract them for the tourists. I'm not sure if we'll make a stop there or not - we'll see what the group determines.

Keep an eye out for Kavakamper - he's expressed an interest in going. I'm afraid that if you change your avatar to the S&M version of Bill the Duck, you'll scare him off. :wink:

See the thread here - pretty much our plans to date.

Speaking of 303 - that reminds me, I have something to do tonight.

Uh - are we going out this weekend? Sandy gets back from Brazil amanhã - might be better to keep it simple and close - Tempe Town Lake?

codewheeney

Post by codewheeney »

K7Baixo wrote:Uh - are we going out this weekend? Sandy gets back from Brazil amanhã - might be better to keep it simple and close - Tempe Town Lake?
I'm definitely padding somewhere, Tempe Town Lake is fine. Robin is likely to come by, so she can paddle around some, so if Sandy wants to come by, there will be someone on shore for her to talk to. You could send Sandy out in your boat while I send Robin out in mine.

I did a lap yesterday after work, and plan to do that again on Thursday, probably early morning, too.

JC

Bill the Duck

Post by Bill the Duck »

codewheeney wrote:
K7Baixo wrote:Uh - are we going out this weekend? Sandy gets back from Brazil amanhã - might be better to keep it simple and close - Tempe Town Lake?
I'm definitely padding somewhere, Tempe Town Lake is fine. Robin is likely to come by, so she can paddle around some, so if Sandy wants to come by, there will be someone on shore for her to talk to. You could send Sandy out in your boat while I send Robin out in mine.

I did a lap yesterday after work, and plan to do that again on Thursday, probably early morning, too.

JC
In for TTL. May I propose Saturday 9:00AM at the boat ramp area?

codewheeney

Post by codewheeney »

Bill the Duck wrote:In for TTL. May I propose Saturday 9:00AM at the boat ramp area?
In
Last edited by codewheeney on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

K7Baixo

Post by K7Baixo »

codewheeney wrote:

JC
Bill the Duck wrote: In for TTL. May I propose Saturday 9:00AM at the boat ramp area?
9 AM? See what happens when we put BTD in charge of the time? We met at 0630 this last week!

That's fine though - it won't be too hot so 0900 it is. I'm not sure if Sandy will come - we'll have to see how she feels on Saturday. She's exhausted but sitting around the lake with lunch afterwards appeals to her. I'll call you (JC) on Saturday morning in case Robin is waiting on Sandy to make her decision.

Bill the Duck

Post by Bill the Duck »

You know the way your mouth and eyes feel at 6:30? That general fuzzy headedness? I believe that's God's way of telling us mankind was not built to be active during that time of day. :D

But yeah, when it warms up we'll either head to the rim country or hit it really early.

Like 8:00.

Kapitän von Klepper

Post by Kapitän von Klepper »

I take it Victoria BC is too far for you guys in May? The more the merrier!

-Kapt'n

K7Baixo

Post by K7Baixo »

Kapitän von Klepper wrote:I take it Victoria BC is too far for you guys in May? The more the merrier!
-Kapt'n
This year, yes. Plus, personally speaking, I'm not sure if my skills are sufficient for your kind of paddling. Most of our exposure in on local lakes and rivers.

codewheeney

Post by codewheeney »

Kapitän von Klepper wrote:I take it Victoria BC is too far for you guys in May? The more the merrier!

-Kapt'n
My coworker's wife is from Vancouver, and he has a map of Vancouver Island on his wall that I look at just about every day and think "That looks like a neat place to go boating, that looks like a neat place to go boating, etc"

I know I'm not yet experienced enough for that kind of paddling just yet, but I definitely want to get up there in the next couple of years. Looks wonderful.

JC

Return to “Introductions”