Just brought home an old Raid II

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

rhaslacher

Just brought home an old Raid II

Post by rhaslacher »

This is our second tandem folding kayak. We also have a Folbot Greenland II that lives in the engine room of our sailboat. My wife missed the Folbot so I went in search of a proper kayak, a traditional one with wood.

I want to thank everyone for all the information on different kayaks. For example, there isn't much information on Nautiraids, in fact the US distributors website isn't working. I found out enough to know that this is a quality kayak. I've always like the look but was concerned about the quality and how well they hold up with time.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how this kayak works out

Rich Haflacher
San Francisco CA

brettm

Re: Just brought home an old Raid II

Post by brettm »

rhaslacher wrote:This is our second tandem folding kayak. We also have a Folbot Greenland II that lives in the engine room of our sailboat. My wife missed the Folbot so I went in search of a proper kayak, a traditional one with wood.

I want to thank everyone for all the information on different kayaks. For example, there isn't much information on Nautiraids, in fact the US distributors website isn't working. I found out enough to know that this is a quality kayak. I've always like the look but was concerned about the quality and how well they hold up with time.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how this kayak works out

Rich Haflacher
San Francisco CA
Hi Rich,

Did you have a chance to try out the Raid II? I have a 1995 Raid II Expedition that is still going strong. Keep the frame varnished every year and as the hull is practically indestructible -in my opinion- the kayak should prove a worthy addition to your collection. The only caveat may be the deck if yours is polyester based. Delamination will probably occur at some point.

Cheers,

Brett

Return to “Introductions”