Introducing myself, and sharing a link to old photos

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

John, London

Introducing myself, and sharing a link to old photos

Post by John, London »

Hi everyone,

Thanks to this site I'm now the very happy owner of a pre-hypalon Klepper Aerius II. European readers might like to know I found the German eBay is a rich source for older folders, and shipping to London was not too expensive.

I thought I'd introduce myself by sharing this link to some beautiful and quite moving photos belonging to the Canoe Camping Club here in the UK. I'm not a member myself but found their photos trawling for info. I hope you like them as much as I do:

I'm generally out with my Klepper and my Land Rover Dormobileon the Thames or the Cam, so if you see me say hello!

john

Christov_Tenn

Great Vehicle

Post by Christov_Tenn »

You sure know how to live :)

Never, Never, Never sell your Rover - the new owner will not appreciate all the care and maintenance you've put into it. Learned by sad experience.

Thank you for the link to the Canoe Camping Club old photos - I ran a system maintenance prog this afternoon and lost all my bookmarks, including that one.

Happy Motoring,

Chris

Alm

Re: Great Vehicle

Post by Alm »

Now I understand how cars can be fun too :-).

Thanks for sharing those Canoe Club photos; very relaxig feeling; wooden structures, fewer buildings, more countryside. The world was less crowded place back then.

Alex.

avventuri

From one Land Rover to another – hi!

Post by avventuri »

Great to see that there are other Land Rover lovers here – among the great community of Folding Kayak People.

We´re a couple from Denmark with a Land Rover Defender 110 crammed full of Kleppers :D This summer exploring France, next year maybe Italy. Maybe we´ll see ya´ there!

Morten + Gina
Avventuri.com

Paul
knight of the folding kayak realm

Post by Paul »

Welcome, John-

That's a great looking car. Folding kayaks and old Land Rovers go together nicely!

You've given me some ideas for my Santana PS10.

Paul

Kapitän von Klepper

Post by Kapitän von Klepper »

Great classic pics, plus I really admire the Landy. I've always been big admirerer of the series I - III and the VW Westfalia. Nice to see the concepts combined!

Return to “Introductions”