Hello from Austria

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

rockymntnhigh

Hello from Austria

Post by rockymntnhigh »

Hello!
After paddling a few years, I build my own foldable kayak last winter and am adjusting and improving it ever since. This process is probably gonna take another few years. But hey, that's half the fun. So far the ratio working on the boat and actually using it is a bit off. But this weekend I am planning a four day trip and next summer will, hopefully, be filled with a 2-3 week kayak trip to northern Europe. Till then, I am sure that I will come up with a lot of things to perfectionate on the boat, and I hope you guys can help me out once in a while with great ideas or solutions ....

Helmut

Christov_Tenn

Re: Hello from Austria

Post by Christov_Tenn »

Welcome, from Tennessee!

Yostwerks

Post by Yostwerks »

....I build my own foldable kayak last winter....
Hi Helmut,

Welcome.... Please post some pics of your homebuilt folder.

Regards, Tom

rockymntnhigh

Post by rockymntnhigh »

Hi Tom,
attached a few pix of my boat. Hey, its my first one and it floats and actually even runs straight! Like I said, it's a project in progress... I'm gonna replace the coaming; way to bulky at the moment, time consuming to put up and, let's be honest, outright butt-ugly. Going to use your aluminum/freestanding idea. (I am sure you have heard it a million times before: great website, the glueing section saved me a lot of headaches and probably my boat itself...)
Like I said: Its my first boat but I don't think it's gonna be my last.
See ya
Helmut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yostwerks

Post by Yostwerks »

Hi Helmut,

Great looking folder 8) Is this your own design ? If so, it has very nice lines.

Thanks for the pics.

Regards, Tom

Return to “Introductions”