Vancouver BC - Klepper AEI AEII

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

BCrandonneur

Vancouver BC - Klepper AEI AEII

Post by BCrandonneur »

Hi,

I purchased two used Klepper kayaks locally in Dec. 2009 (an AEI & AEII) for a very good price, and am very pleased with both of them so far. However, the AEI hull will need replacing prior to serious expedition use, but will be great as a learner for me. The double hull is in great shape for it's age.
I live in North Vancouver, but also spend time on Vancouver Island, between Courtenay and Campbell River. We just went out in the AEII today for the first time. Fantastic!

Jeff S (my AEII crew: partner Cory and my Border Collie, 'Clyde')
Last edited by BCrandonneur on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

kenton

Re: Vancouver BC intro - newbie & already love my Kleppers

Post by kenton »

Welcome Jeff !

Sounds like a two-for-one sale :)

cline

Post by cline »

Welcome to the forum. Image

It sounds like you got a great deal on some great boats. Congratulations. Image

john allsop
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by john allsop »

NO DOUBT you got the bargain of the year. When you decide on a new hull look at the dealer in Calgary www.automarine.ca also he will be at boat shows in your area and a Klepper club may be forming, look at his site. I have dealt with him for years and been happy with his service. You can tell him john from Manitouwadge reccommended him.

Alm

Post by Alm »

Welcome. If you're loyal to Klepper brand, get the hull from Klepper Canada. If you don't care about brand, get Klepper hull from Longhaul, (same quality, no Klepper signage and probably cheaper). If you're willing to take a chance and save more money, get the hull from Wayland. Longhaul can make it with either canvas or synthetic deck - I think for "Wet Coast" synthetic deck is better. Wayland - don't know about deck options, it's a knock-off from Poland. Longhaul is a former Klepper dealer, now making their own boats and repairing Kleppers too. I used to have a Longhaul, but realized that wide-frame boat is not my cup of tea.

BCrandonneur

Post by BCrandonneur »

Thank-you all for your warm welcome to this forum, and detailed options/recommendations regarding my Klepper Aerius I future hull replacement.

Best regards,
Jeff

Christov_Tenn

Post by Christov_Tenn »

Welcome Jeff

Return to “Introductions”