Hello from Oxfordshire!

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

adi2410355

Hello from Oxfordshire!

Post by adi2410355 »

Welcome!

I'm another paddler from the UK (I live in Oxfordshire).
I started kayaking in Gumotex (Innova) 3 years ago, I've swapped it to Safari and am about to buy a Feathercraft (preferably Wisper, perhaps Kahuna) as soon as my bank account allows me to :D

Best regards,

Adrian

cline

Re: Hello from Oxfordshire!

Post by cline »

Hello Adrian, and welcome to the forum. Image
Last edited by cline on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maryinoxford
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by maryinoxford »

Adrian is based on the same river as me, but a few miles downstream. We're hoping to meet up for some paddling a little later in the year. (The Thames is running quite high at the moment. It's okay if you're going with the flow... Launching and landing can be a bit tricky.)

Mary
Not in Oxford any more...

Alm

Post by Alm »

I hope Adrian lives in a house, or at least in a row-house with backyard. Otherwise, Kahuna can be too much hassle for daytrips with assembling and dissembling the same day. Doable, but not enjoyable it it has to be done more often than twice a month. Wisper is probably more hassle in this respect - Mary can tell about this.

Christov_Tenn

Post by Christov_Tenn »

Welcome!

adi2410355

Post by adi2410355 »

Thank you everybody.
Good advices. I am renting a flat at the moment but am also planning to invest and buy own place (and this is why a new boat has to wait). I will make everything to find it somewhere near the river. Gumotex is going to stay in the family though, it takes 10 minutes to set it up and is veeeery portable. Perfect as a second boat for my girlfriend :D :D :D

Alm

Post by Alm »

Gumotex is going to stay in the family though, it takes 10 minutes to set it up and is veeeery portable. Perfect as a second boat for my girlfriend :D :D :D
Hm... I dare to predict some outcomes. After you've assembled your Kahuna (or Wisper) and wiped sweat off the forehead, your girlfriend would say casually that today she'd like to paddle Kahuna, rather than a slower Gumotex. (and this may repeat again and again, with you assembling it). Storage near water won't essentially change anything - you might still get banished from Kahuna and into Gumotex.

Return to “Introductions”