Greetings

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

Heath

Greetings

Post by Heath »

Firstly, thank you for the great website. As I am definitely a novice in this sport/hobby, it is an invaluable source of information.

While it is still cold up her in Calgary, Alberta I am eagerly waiting for spring to arrive. Any other members located up North?

Thanks again and look forward to participating to the forums.

Heath

john allsop
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by john allsop »

welcome to foldup kayaks , use your boat every year and wash and wax , put it away dry, repair if and when req.d , and your boat will really be an investment. after 20 or 30 years of use you could sell it for what you paid for it ,add a new skin and up goes the selling price , although i,d never sell mine it,s 30 years old and i,ve just received a new skin from the dealer in calgary, have you met him,

henry

Post by henry »

Hi heath,

I'm in Calgary. I paddle a Folbot Yukon. If you're still considering a folbot like this and want to have a look at one before ordering - let me know.

Heath

Post by Heath »

A fellow Calgarian, hello.

Thanks Henry, just might take you up on it. There is a watersport show this weekend in town so will probably head down to take a look at what there is. Also, was going to hit Undercurrents in Bowness to look around and price out some of the extras such as PFDs, paddles, etc.

There is a new manufacturer starting in Calgary by the name of Trak Kayaks. I think their site is http://www.trakkayaks.com. They are supposed to start production on a new folding kayak so am hoping they will be there for a look.

Return to “Introductions”