Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie saying hi
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:48 am 
Hello,

My name is Halle, and my spouse Eva and I just came into a vintage Aerius II. We've both canoed in calm waters but we haven't done much in the way of (any) kayaking, so I'd have to rate us both as newbies. We're very enthused about getting to know this great boat and I'm thrilled to be making the acquaintance of this board and it's participants. So, hi!

Post subject: newbie saying hi
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:02 am 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

welcome to the world of foldups. you have now received (in my opinion) a great boat, please use it every year, look after the hull, don,t put it away damp, repair when required, and eventuall replace the hull, it,s probably one of the few things us lower paid workers can get which does,nt really lose it,s value, I know others will disagree. but I could sell my 30 year old kleeper for at least what I paid for it with it,s original skin. ( just bought a new skin from the dealer in CALGARY ) . obtain the book by RALF DIAZ COMPLETE FOLDING KAYAKER, I have his first , and his latest issue. I live in ONTARIO and if I can help in any way I will, I know others who read this probably know more than me. and if you want sails look at PACIFIC ACTION as well as klepper.