Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member from Burgundy
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:08 am 
recent arrival

Hello all,

Sorry in advance for any language mistake, I'm french 54 years old, married, work as an IT independant consultant, fan of vintage vehicules (cars, motobikes, moped...)

I recently got a vintage kayak and I'm working on it in order to try it on Burgundy lakes before the end of this summer.

I have no Kayak experience (except few sea kayak tourist trip during holidays) I own also a little Sailboat (Windy from 1964) who it more or less like a antic 505.

I come on the forum in order to find anwers to my future questions.

My kayak, lenght 4 meters, fiber, 2 fiber seats, flat bottom, a place to add a sail and a rudder, no manufacter plate. I add a pic on attached file.

Can somebody identify it ? I'm looking for it in order to rebuild a rudder looking as original.

Thanks in advance for any information.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 pm 
knight of the folding kayak realm

Welcome to the forum! No need to apologise for language, your English is very good.

I'm afraid I don't have any information to offer on your kayak. But hopefully someone better informed than me will be along soon.
All the best,
Ian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:29 pm 
recent arrival

Thanks for the reply, in the past I worked for differents americans companies so I have some english knowledge but not in the kayak area, I'll learn by reading the posts on the forum.

For the kayak it's probably a french or at least an european one. But with luck the info can come from anybody,

Patrick