Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jason @ TRAK Kayaks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:18 pm 
recent arrival

Hey everyone,

My name is Jason Guindon and I work for TRAK.

I think it is really great that there is an active community for folding kayak owners and enthusiasts. Looking forward to taking part in the discussions on this board.

I'm a young guy, aged 24, with a passion for books, music and, of course, kayaking. I'm in Calgary, AB and am lucky enough to have the Canadian Rockies for my backyard. There are a lot of amazing paddling spots within striking distance of my house, whether they be alpine lakes or the Bow river that pours out of the mountains. I've done some sea kayaking in the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia and have done some surf at Lawrencetown in Dartmouth. One of the coolest things about folding kayaks is that we can take them on planes, trains and greyhound buses, and I've got a few exotic/bucket-list locations in mind for few paddling destinations.

I do work for TRAK Kayaks and, though I do have a small bias for the team I play for, am not here to shill our products and dominate the conversations with a sales pitch. I'd love to be able to give clear, honest answers to any questions that you may about TRAK and our products and maybe keep the interested up to date with what TRAK is up to and where we're going. Send me a PM with any questions you might have.

I'm looking forward to engaging with all of you!

Thanks for reading and for keeping this forum around long enough for me to find it!

Post subject: Re: Jason @ TRAK Kayaks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:54 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Welcome aboard, Jason. You will see that we have a specific area for Trak kayaks, and I invite you to "subscribe" to it so that you receive email notifications whenever someone posts there-- then you would always be able to stay on top of that. In order to subscribe to a particular area of the forum, go to that area and then look in the top left for a "subscribe" link.

Non-folding: '84 Hobie 16; early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift.