Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:13 am 
recent arrival

Hello,

My name is Malcolm and I live on the coast of British Columbia, in Powell River northwest of and two ferry rides from Vancouver. I have kayaked on and off for many years and when I moved here it was essential that I get back into it. I had been seriously considering a Feathercraft boat and when I finally got around to making an order at the end of last year I was, of course shocked and disappointed to learn that they had folded up (pun intended!). Last week I came across a lightly used K1 and having discovered that the former owner is intending to set up a parts supply firm decided to go for it. I haven't got it wet yet but that won't be long and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the Salish Sea and hopefully beyond. Regarding the parts supply potential does anybody on this forum have any information as to when and where this is likely to take place since there are a few pieces that I'd like to pick up if possible?

Regards to all,

Malcolm

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:55 pm 
knight of the folding kayak realm

Hi Malcom,

Feathercraft owner, Doug Simpson, has said that he will set up a replacement parts operation in the fall. Check the FC website for more info.