Greetings from Maine

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

DocRogers

Greetings from Maine

Post by DocRogers »

Hi All:
Now that I have 3 folders (old Folbot Greenland II, Feathercraft K-Light and K-1) and have been eavesdropping on this forum a while, I think it's time to introduce myself. I'm a longtime hardshell paddler :shock: but have been interested in folders for years. Any other forum members in Maine or nearby?
Cheers,
Matt

Paul
knight of the folding kayak realm

Post by Paul »

Doc,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not from Maine but it is one of my favorite places. I grew up in Pennsylvania and we'd go to Maine regularly for summer vacation. I'm now overseas and with no 'home' to go back to when we go the US in the summers we often think of how nice it would be to have a place in Maine. Who knows, if real estate keeps going down...we could be neighbors some day.

Paul

Kapitän von Klepper

Post by Kapitän von Klepper »

Hi,
I've never been to Maine, but friends tell me the sailing is wonderful. Of course I imagine that LL Beans kayaking pics Image
have to be from Maine, and Arcadia National Park shows up in some of the national kayaking guide books... If I ever needed to relocate inside the US, Maine is on my top 5 wish list...

:!: Excuse me, I just discovered something really cool! It's possible to combine the URL and Img code on this site to create a link. (I'm sure all you computer geeks are laughing now :roll: :oops: ) Just run your curser over this photo above. Anyway, I think it's really neat...

Well, welcome aboard!

-Andreas
Last edited by Kapitän von Klepper on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Dude, I'm still figuring out how to post pics... :oops:

Kapitän von Klepper

Post by Kapitän von Klepper »

Paul wrote:Dude, I'm still figuring out how to post pics... :oops:
Dude:
1. Go to your album. (Or any web site with a pic you'd like to post)
2. Click on the full size image of the pic you'd like to post
3. Right click.
4. Click properties
5. Copy the photo code, ex: http://foldingkayaks.org/albums/album59 ... .sized.jpg
6. Come here to this site.
7. Click the Img box above.Image

Viola:

BTW, Nice fish :o

Regards
Last edited by Kapitän von Klepper on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul

Post by Paul »

You da' man! :D

TaraMewser

Post by TaraMewser »

Hi Doc,

I just joined because my old A II's hull is toast and I'm looking for a replacement and just generally poking around this site.

I'm in Belfast ME, retired here from Hawaii where I used my Klepper for recreational paddling and skin diving/spear fishing.

So now there are at least two Mainers here.

John

mje
Site Admin

Post by mje »

Long Haul may still have some Klepper hulls- they were selling them at a big discount. You should give them a call. They can also sew a new hull on a good deck, and vice-versa.
Michael Edelman
FoldingKayaks.org Webmaster

tsunamichuck
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by tsunamichuck »

I put a Wayland Skin on my A2 frame. A bit of an adventure with the shipping from Poland but a pretty good deal nonetheless.
Feathercraft Kahuna ( Angela )
Mariner Express ( Miruku Maru ) ( In Storage)
Northwest Sportee (SuperBoat)
Innova Safari
Mariner I
Feathercraft Java
Nautiraid 14
Innova Sunny
Aire Tributary Sawtooth

David DeVore

Post by David DeVore »

Yes, my wife and I live in Vacationland where it's dumping more snow today. I do believe we are fortunate to live in one of the greatest kayaking destinations in the world.

Paul

Post by Paul »

I'm in Maine now--Rockland area. I'll be here through the end of the school year on a leave of absence from work. This is my first Maine winter. It's cold, and my wood stove just died. Maine's a beautiful place.
LH Mark I
Nautiraid Grand Raid 540
SOF Greenland Kayak

Return to “Introductions”