Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 am 
recent arrival

Hello! My husband and I are kayaking enthusiasts in the Columbia River Gorge. We live in Hood River, Oregon. Now that we have a five and eight year old, we keep gravitating to our plastic sit on tops and modern aqua glide inflatable. Our Kleppering days are over but I am joining this forum in hopes to find my Klepper a good home. I have a Klepper Aerius 2 that has been in my family for 40 years. My mom remembers paddling in it when pregnant with me! The frame and all wood is in great shape. I have the original sails, outriggers, some original paperwork, aftermarket paddles and original canvas storage bags. There is a small quarter size whole in the jib that looks repairable. The hull is still sea worthy but definitely is getting scaly and brittle. The seams connecting the blue canvas to the gray rubber are in good shape but the rubber is degrading. My family was the second owner, my parents used it one to two times a year and I think I have probably used it 6 times in the last 20 years. I am open to all offers. I am not sure techy, so a phone call would be the best way to hear more about the boat - thanks, Michelle 503-704-1206