Howdy from Colorado

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

kdwalmsley
forum fanatic

Howdy from Colorado

Post by kdwalmsley »

Hi Folks,

Many thanks to all the forum members who have taken time to post information. It has been invaluable in helping my family and I get on the water. So very appreciated.

I grew up on the Pacific Ocean and the Strait of Juan de Fuca, but now my largest body of water is my stock pond. Folding kayaks will let my family and I travel from cattle country at 7000’ to boating destinations throughout the world. We have been taking kayaking lessons and will pick up our first folding kayak in a couple weeks. Then it is off to the bays and lakes of Washington State for some more kayak training.

Thanks again for so much useful information.

Most Appreciatively,

Kevin

martin2007
faltbootemeister

Re: Howdy from Colorado

Post by martin2007 »

Hi Kevin,
I'm from Ontario , Canada, but I've been spending the last few winters in CO. up in Granby. Beautiful state, Colorado. Welcome to the forum.

lkampf
forum fan

Post by lkampf »

Hi Kevin, I'm in Boulder with a couple of folders I take out on Union Res. After living next to the SF bay, it's a bit of a change, but it's a good place to call home. Enjoy the cattle and give a shout if you're in the neighborhood.

Lawrence

kdwalmsley
forum fanatic

Post by kdwalmsley »

Martin,

If you get the chance, check out Isabelle Glacier in the Indian Peaks Wilderness area. It’s not far from Granby and a great place to winter camp. Avalanche awareness is important, though. For day trip cross country skiing or snowshoeing, the nearby Brainard Lake area is nice, but can be busy on the weekends.
Cheers,

Kevin

Long Haul MK II Stretch Quattro
BSD Expedition Schooner Rig
Best Kayaking Partner In The World

martin2007
faltbootemeister

Post by martin2007 »

Hey Kevin, thanks for the tip. Arapaho forest, RMNP, and Fraser are BC favourites. I'm often skiing solo, so I stay clear of avalanche zones. I'll check out Isabelle Glacier which, till now, I hadn't even heard of.

siravingmon
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by siravingmon »

Welcome aboard! What folding card did you get in the end?
Simon

Feathercraft Wisper, Firstlight 420, Fujita Alpina AL-1 400, KXone Airrow 17, Nautiraid Geenlander 1, K1, 416, Narak 460 (sold my 550), Pakboats Quest 135, TRAK 2.0
Cape Falcon F1, Beth, Hobie AI
AE Air Fusion Evo wanted, Incept k40 for sale

kdwalmsley
forum fanatic

Post by kdwalmsley »

Thank You Simon,

I will pick up my Long Haul MKII Stretch this weekend. I’ll post some pics when I get it on the water.
Cheers,

Kevin

Long Haul MK II Stretch Quattro
BSD Expedition Schooner Rig
Best Kayaking Partner In The World

Return to “Introductions”