Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New member
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:51 pm 
recent arrival

Just signed in here after purchase of my Klepper Aerius II Expedition. Kayaking here in the US/Pacific Northwest.

Post subject: Re: New member
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:29 am 
lord high faltbotmeister

Welcome Bones! Great boat you have to paddle and/or sail, and what a great playground you live in to enjoy the water. Enjoy your new boat.

g

1988 A1 Expedition
2010 carbon Klepper Quattro
BSD sail rig, 24' mizzen + 36' main
39' jib
Torqeedo outboard
1938 Sachs-Fichtel seitenbordmotor

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:45 pm 
recent arrival

Hi, I'm looking for a folding kayak to store in the car or truck. Also would like an alternative for portaging in the Boundary Waters where I live or set out in Lake Superior. Currently I have a Rob Roy canoe that is light and maneuvers well, and a cedar strip canoe that my husband and I built. Paddling is in our blood. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:14 pm 
faltbootemeister

Hi Ren, welcome! Perhaps you should start a new thread with your needs. I also suggest reading through older threads and articles about different boats. This forum has friendly knowledgeable members, but sometimes it takes a while to get responses. Good luck, keep us posted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:15 pm 
recent arrival

Ren723 wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a folding kayak to store in the car or truck. Also would like an alternative for portaging in the Boundary Waters where I live or set out in Lake Superior. Currently I have a Rob Roy canoe that is light and maneuvers well, and a cedar strip canoe that my husband and I built. Paddling is in our blood. Thanks

Anybody who paddles a Rob Roy, owns a stripper and lives near the B'Dub is aces in my book. ;-)

Turn and face south. Look through the trees for a house in the Kenwood neighborhood of Duluth. That's where you'll find a very recently purchased, used Folbot Greenland II, which you can't have but you and your spouse are very welcome to come see on the water at a mutually convenient time. We can brainstorm on the portage yoke idea while you do that. I'm still working on that "challenge" ...

603-781-6620 (area code kept after we moved back to MN from NH last year)