A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

marc
recent arrival

France calling !

Post by marc »

Hello,
I am Marc from France near LYON.
I have an old (17 years old) Klepper Aerius ... hybrid : paddle, sailing and electric motor !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFdiZFgpGRI
Navigation : France, Turkey, Greece, Italy...
my blog (in french but google is our friend !) http://www.osavoile.fr/

Actualy I try to make a spinnaker (assymetric) whith the soft sailcut... I will post on the right section about this.

Best regards - Marc
Klepper AERIUS II
BIC Nomad HP1 and Yakkair one
SKERRY (dinghy)

Jeremiah
faltbootemeister

Re: France calling !

Post by Jeremiah »

Welcome Marc! I was looking at your fleet. For the longest time I didn't know that BIC is a French company that specializes in water sports. They make some very nice inflatable paddle boards and I'm surprised that their inflatable kayaks get very little attention on this forum.

Jake
knight of the folding kayak realm

Post by Jake »

I shave with BIC razors, make notes with a BIC ballpoint but inflatable kayaks and SUPs, who knew?

Jeremiah
faltbootemeister

Post by Jeremiah »

I think it all started with the BIC pen but maybe Marc could give us some history. Jake, if you shave with a BIC razor you're a better man than me. Last time I used one I looked like Homer Simpson when he taught Bart how to shave.

gbellware
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by gbellware »

Welcome Marc. Nice work with your hybrid! And your Klepper, at 17 years of age, does NOT qualify as "old", not by a long shot. I am interested in your rudder/Torqeedo mount. Can you raise the two independently? Did you fabricate the mounting plate? Looks like good engineering and fabrication.

Best,
g
"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats"

Kleppers, A1 Expedition and carbon Quattro
Easy Riders, 18.6 and 17
Lots of BSD sails
Torqeedo outboard
1938 Sachs-Fichtel seitenbordmotor

marc
recent arrival

Post by marc »

hello guys, thank you for the welcome.Yes you're right gbellware my Klepper is not that old! Ok BIC is good for razors but they do (well, Chinese ...) good inflatable kayak. I am frustrated, my Nomad HP1 is unusable because of the floor that is out of order ... I loved this boat because I could develop with the concept of "kayak bike"! A folding bike (Brompton) a trailer (Chubby) and kayak (Nomad). You can see examples of walks on my blog ...
Klepper AERIUS II
BIC Nomad HP1 and Yakkair one
SKERRY (dinghy)

Return to “Introductions”