Sailing Deck

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

DLee
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Re: Sailing Deck

Post by DLee »

Being able to kneel while sailing makes a huge difference in my opinion. You are able to get much further out over the windward side easier and more comfortably. A real simple fix for this is simply getting a Type IV flotation cushion or two for moving around the inside of the boat. Not perfect, but it works. Once you do this you won't want to live without a tiller extension... ha. The tiller extension is so easy to make it's silly and the benefit for 'out of the seat' sailing is tremendous.

I think I may do more sailing than fishing at that Jamaica Bay Fishing Tourny. Let me know if you are interested in getting together out there for some sailing - I can show you the rig first hand. I'm also trying to get some more sailing time out on LI Sound. I've got some good launch spots for the Klepper around Norwalk and Westport, CT. Not sure how that works for you travel wise, but it would be great to have some sailing company out there. It's a very neat area and cruising around the islands gives you a sense of going somewhere... even if it's just for a few hours.

d
Klepper Aerius II
Klepper T9
Long Haul MK1 Expedition 'light'
Klepper S4 sail rig
Kayaksailor 1.6 +genoa
BSD 36HP

Return to “Sailing Gear”