NEW FLAT EARTH SAIL

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

john allsop
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

NEW FLAT EARTH SAIL

Post by john allsop »

Mick tell,s me the new sails are on their way. They comprise a main plus a mizzen, i have to make the masts and "booms" which will be interesting. The sails are "SPRIT" as i have seen two designs it will good to see which design Mick has chosen. I know it has been tested on a large lake in a Kruger Canoe which is pretty much the size of an Aerius 2. During the last week i have tride maybe over a hundred times to log on, every time i logged on and went to a subject and pressed the key i was logged out, so if i don,t make any more entries thats the reason.

idc
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: NEW FLAT EARTH SAIL

Post by idc »

John, very much looking forward to seeing pics of the sails and a write up of your experience with them. I was just admiring Mick's code zero kayak sails, which are being sold by out-trade.de with an option for mounting on folding kayaks. I'm very tempted to get one for use with my Wayland Harpoon/Klepper T9.
(I guess if you move to the UK, I might even get to see them in person)
Ian

john allsop

Post by john allsop »

If all goes well with the move you might be able to come over to Scilly. We are still deep in snow here in northern Ontario and the lake might not thaw untill May. Generally i have to get all my modifications and projects ready for June or it is easy to miss the summer. I have not heard of any zero 1 sails being used on a Klepper, Flat Earth Sails are sold in the UK, i forget the dealer but they are in Scotland, but i don,t think they have mounts for folders, some modification might be needed to make the mount made by Out Trade work but it can,t be difficult to do.

DLee

Post by DLee »

John I can't wait to see some pics of your sails. I think it's great that he's sending you a Mizzen as well. AWESOME in fact!

The book I have talks a lot about different rigging for SPRIT sails. I believe it's the authors favorite sail. I can make some scans and send them your way if you are interested. I'm excited to see and hear what Mick is suggesting to you.

I hope you can throw these babies out on the lawn so we can see shapes and dimensions. But I'll understand your reluctance if your lawn is as muddy as mine is right now.

d
Klepper Aerius II
Klepper T9
Long Haul MK1 Expedition 'light'
Klepper S4 sail rig
Kayaksailor 1.6 +genoa
BSD 36HP

Return to “Sailing Gear”