Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:59 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

A couple more thoughts...

A nice bag tailored to the folded Kayaksailor on the foredeck would make stowing even easier and possibly leave the bungees open for other stuff.

I got the impression that the width of the leeboard was more important than the length... don't ask me why, it's how it felt. The width I have now will be the max as it just barely fits under the deck bungee as is... as a matter of fact I'll probably streamline the next version a little more for easier stowage.

Although a clamping system is great, the KS is such a great sail to handline. You can feel every gust and nuance in the wind and sail a lot more efficiently if you do this... and it's a little more fun on a light wind day.

The hike-out seats only got in the way with the KS and I won't take them out again with this sail.

For days out on the boat that aren't all about aggressive sailing this is the way to go with a mast partnered boat. The only problem, which I'm starting to dream about already, is that eventually you'll want a larger sail. Everything works to well not to.

Anyway, more testing in heavier wind and open water to come. Stay tuned... and maybe next time I'll find the GoPro before I head out.

d

Klepper S4 sail rig
Kayaksailor 1.6 +genoa
BSD 36HP