Sea Socks Needed -- 1 or 2

Looking to buy a used kayak, or kayak parts? Post your requests here.

Moderators: mje, krudave

Jaybyrd
forum fanatic

Sea Socks Needed -- 1 or 2

Post by Jaybyrd »

Looking for Feathercraft Sea Socks .... or perhaps someone knows where one could get something like that -- made by someone else? Please call Jeff at 919-414-4350

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: Sea Socks Needed -- 1 or 2

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

You might try contacting these folks linked below at SeaWolf kayaks. I had seen that they were thinking of marketing a prototype of a nice looking self supporting sea sock but don't know if that worked out.

https://www.facebook.com/seawolfkayak

I have a home made sock made of yellow coated nylon packcloth that came with a skin on frame I bought some years ago. It probably fits on a Feathercraft Kahuna or Wisper because I have owned both those models and the coamings of all of them fit my Wisper's sprayskirt perfectly, which means it has the same dimensions. Since I already have a Feathercraft sea sock I have never used the home made one and might consider selling it. I'll keep your phone number and contact you if I decide to do so. I haven't inspected that yellow sea sock in years -- been rolled up in a gear bag since I bought the SOF. My Wisper is folded down for the season so I can't really check out the fit directly at the moment. But if I dig the sock out I can send you photos and dimensions if you remain interested.
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15