Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:21 pm 
recent arrival

I´m searching for one new or used Feathercraft backpack => also Nautiraid boat fits perfect inside.
Maybe also Folbot backpack would work, so please give an answer is there any backpack out there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:10 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

I have a Feathercraft backpack that I have almost never used. I bought a rolling travel duffel which is easier for me to travel with so I really don't need it. The main drawback that might arise from selling it to you is that postage from the USA to Switzerland could be really prohibitive.

I'm actually on my way to the post office to ship a Pakboat deck to a Michigan because the guy in Canada who wants it doesn't want to pay nearly $40 in postage to get it from me in Western PA. He is driving to Michigan next month to pick up another boat so for $15 I can send it to that state where he can retrieve it. I will ask them what postage for a 15 pound package would be to Switzerland.

A little digression here: I take it from your forum nickname that you have a Buell motorcycle? Nice bike. Bike designer Eric Buell was a college friend of mine back in 1970, he played bass guitar in my boyfriend at that time's rock band for a while and later on, in his 30's when he was a Superbike and Formula 1 privateer racer, my fiance was his race mechanic and built and repaired his fairings. We used to go to the races with him -- remember well him flying off the bike in a turn and landing on his head. His SNELL approved helmet meant he walked away with just a concussion. He was kind of a long-haired wild man in his younger days -- it's so funny to me to see him today as a successful and respectable business owner with grown daughters. I got in touch with him some years ago and jokingly threatened that if he didn't sell me a bike at a big discount I would tell his wife all the stories of his misspent youth, but he just laughed and said she already knew them all.

Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

I have had Mark Ekhart at Long Haul make up custom backpacks for me for various boats. The simplest was a hypalon duffle with straps I use for my Folbot Aleut hull and ribs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:40 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

I checked with the post office and it would be at least $70 and possibly more just for postage to send a package the size and weight of the Feathercraft backpack from Pennsylvania to Switzerland. Perhaps you'll be able to find one closer to home.

Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15