Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: airkayaks.com
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:19 pm 
faltbootemeister

Thought I'd pass this along for anyone interested. While doing some research on inflatable stand up paddle boards I discovered this site: airkayaks.com. They have a nice inventory of inflatable kayaks and accessories and many discounts on closeouts, demoes etc. I have not ordered anything yet, but I did speak to someone who was very helpful in answering questions. What impresses me about this site is the abundance of detailed information, reviews and videos of what they sell. Again, I haven't purchased anything from them but they might be worth checking out.

Post subject: Re: airkayaks.com
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:04 pm 
knight of the folding kayak realm

I just got my first order from Airkayaks last week and was very pleased with their service -- they had a very good deal on some factory blem 4 piece breakdown paddles, and I got a 35 ounce fiberglass Cannon Wave for $69 (normally $159). They shipped quickly -- not free but I thought $9.95 was a reasonable fee for a packaged paddle. I had it within 3 days of the order.

The Wave is a good-looking paddle and has a nice balance -- I'll be trying it out on the water this weekend. I just looked and see they now have some carbon fiber Wave factory blems for $99 (regularly $189). That's a great deal for CF.

http://www.airkayaks.com/sale-cannon-wa ... dle-230cm/

The breakdown length is 27" which will fit nicely in the boat bags for travel. Another thing I like about this paddle is that you can actually leave out one of the midsections of the 230 cm and create a 185 cm paddle that could be used by a child or small person.

I'll be checking them out for deals in the future. They have a nice range of decent quality inflatables and accessories including Astral PFD's (my personal faves) -- they have some closeout deals on those now too.

Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15

Post subject: Re: airkayaks.com
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 pm 
faltbootemeister

Hi Kerry,

I'm glad you had a good experience with them. They are definitely a company to keep checking back with. That Cannon Wave is a great looking paddle with an interesting adjustable ferrule design (not to mention an astounding price!).

I just purchased an Astral Ronny PFD and it looks really well made. Feels like a good warm weather PFD with ventilation in the back and a comfortable fit (which is why I got it). And it may be the lightest PFD I have ever worn.