INFORMATION REQUIRED

Moderators: mje, krudave

kewdos

INFORMATION REQUIRED

Post by kewdos »

Hi Chaps

ref foreign canoes . has anyone any (more) info on the following MAKES OF CANOE TYPE....esp. dates production etc:

1. LEIPZIGER
2. LETOV (built by letov military aircraft factory)
3. HART
4.HAMMER

i KNOW SOME INFO BUT KEEN TO GET AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
INTERESTED IN DATES PF PRODUCTION AND NUMBERS ETC

MANY THANKS

Quentin Rees

gbellware
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: INFORMATION REQUIRED

Post by gbellware »

There is some info. here, but not much data:

http://www.faltbootbasteln.de/

Best,
g
"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats"

1988 A1 Expedition
2010 carbon Klepper Quattro
BSD sail rig, 24' mizzen + 36' main
39' jib
Torqeedo outboard
1938 Sachs-Fichtel seitenbordmotor

ChrisO

Re: INFORMATION REQUIRED

Post by ChrisO »

Quentin,

I think your best source will be the German site faltboot.org. Unfortunately it is entirely in German.
A tip on how to navigate that site from an earlier post of mine in the Pouch section of our forum:
Nose around the German site faltboot.org a bit. As an example, for this Pouch click in the upper bar on "Typen", then "Faltboote", then "Werfte". Enter "pouch" in the box above "Weft", click "filtern" and all the versions of the Pouch business appear! Click on "VEB Wassersport und Campingbedarf -Pouch", then "modellvarianten", select "Pouch-RZ85-1". Below the nice overall photo are a number of words in blue, clicking any osf these opens a new window with a nice photo. Click on any named "Bugsteven" or Hecksteven", especially any followed by "todhoelzer". This will show a photo of the deadwood, stem and metal trim.
Hope this mini tutorial in navigateing the, IMHO, most informative site for "old school" folders helps!
Apart from that, I have no personal knowledge of the kayak makers you requested.

Chris O

Return to “Folbots”