Identifying my Folbot

Moderators: mje, krudave

Kirby

Identifying my Folbot

Post by Kirby »

Having no significant background in kayaking, I found a Folbot for sale locally on Craigslist and took a look. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me for the $200 asked (I had no clue at the time what they sold for -- I know, I know, dumb luck is better than bad luck). I have assembled it relying on the Yukon assembly instructions that were with it, and found it both complete and in *like new* condition. After some research I believe it to be an Aleut based on the fact that it's a few inches shy of 12'. I posted an inquiry to Folbot to see if they could tell me model and year. They (Margaret) says it's definitely an Aleut, and "Someone must have upgraded the washboards to the new aluminum set because I see that the crossframes are still polycarbonate. It is hard to say exactly which year it is . . . possibly from the 90s? I believe we did not start adding hull ID #s until 2000 [K: I could find no hull ID]. I think the longerons were blue [K: which they are] up until the 90s and yours appears to have a black frame." Pic attached. Anyone know for sure what I have?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mje
Site Admin

Re: Identifying my Folbot

Post by mje »

If Folbot says it's an Aleut... it's an Aleut! And at $200 it's an unbelievable steal.
Michael Edelman
FoldingKayaks.org Webmaster

Return to “Folbots”