Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Sad news
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:04 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

I will shortly be building a shed, more like a long cupboard, 24 feet long and to get round council regulations only 6 feet high and 5 feet 9 inches wide There will be windows. In it will go my Hobie, Triak and on a long shelf above them for the skins for the kleppers and folbot which will be laid out full length so no folds except along the length of the skins. I am now in a 200 year old terraced house with a narrow back yard, not like the place I had in Canada where two houses could have been built on my outdoor space.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:10 am 
knight of the folding kayak realm

Welcome to Britain and its housing stock, John. ;-) I live in similarly constrained circumstances and often cast an envious eye at our North American cousins!
Eventually, I hope to build myself something similar to fit my folding boats in. Though if I can make it a bit wider, I will. The height restriction is particularly irksome, as a little extra height would allow one to hang boats above one, leaving space on the floor for working on them!
Still hoping to make it out to the Scillies one of these days. But currently ramping up for my busy season of the year.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 am 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

As we are now going well off the heading I will go into the coffee house.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9