Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:36 pm 
recent arrival

I am selling at 2003 K-1 Feathercraft Expedition kayak. It is in great condition. The hull is also in great shape, no leaks. There are a few scrapes and areas where I added sealant. Adding sealant was a mistake in the first year of owning it before realizing how tough these hulls really are. I've taken it down the Mississippi, on Superior, and several ocean locations. It's a perfect camping expedition kayak with tons of room to store gear. I am selling it because taken up paddleboarding and I haven't used this in over a year. It's kind of a tough decision (with feathercraft going out of business) but it really doesn't make sense to be having a kayak of this caliber sitting unused. It has many many adventures left in it.

It comes with the seat, rudder system, peddles, inflatable bow, carry backpack bag

The reasons I wouldn't list this kayak as perfect is for the following reasons
( for better or worse...Anything I sell I prefer to be absolutely honest, possibly to a fault :) ):
There is one screw and bracket that I replaced on the rear of the combing which has no functional difference.
There is also one screw where I replaced a rivet with in the middle bar. Also no functional difference. Its a little rusted and may need to be replaced some day for $0.15 at your local hardware store
There are a couple worn spots on the deck
It's been out in the sun many times and is slightly faded from the original color

Asking price $2,700 (buyer pays shipping costs in addition to this)
I live in Minneapolis,MN for pick up

Photos at
https://www.flickr.com/gp/159759579@N08/5Z722h