Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new lh mk2
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:24 pm 
paddler

My new mk2 showed up, and of course winter will not abate. A friend with his folbot and i am hoping to go sunday down at the beach (all lakes are still iced in) if the wind lays down. Ocean water temp is 41f, but i hope my new wool undergarments along with kokatek drysuit, and most importantly staying upright will keep me warm and safe. Excited to try the new boat. First time for everything.

Post subject: Re: new lh mk2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:15 am 
paddler

Wind at the beach was too high, but a local lake was free of ice. Boat paddles very nice, tracks straight without the rudder, and like it’s on rails with the rudder down. Only excitement was getting back in after lunch. Not as flexible as I used to be, and trying to get my leg under the spray skirt I wound up sliding off into the water. I should’ve used the paddle to brace myself. Live and learn. Very nice boat, getting better/faster putting it together. And comes apart real easy. Love pulling up with 3 bags, and a little while later there’s a boat :) hope to get out on the big lake once we get ice out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:03 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Good to hear your paddle was a great success. That darn wind can be a problem. And nice to hear your winter is almost over, We almost need a falling in the water group, I have done it so many times it almost became the normal way to get out of my boat.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:05 pm 
paddler

Hi John

Cant wait for the water to warm up. I plan to spend a day practicing wet exit and entries. These folders are great. I can understand why people have multiples of these. Lots of fun

Joe