Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Narak 405 cross
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:30 am 
forum fan

Has anyone here paddled one of these? Impressions?

Post subject: Re: Narak 405 cross
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:01 pm 
forum fanatic

Actually I paddled one (no rudder) about a week ago. Very light weight, seemed quick. It will turn very quickly. Even though I am not sure it has any rocker, it seemed to want to turn. this is a definite advantage if you are floating a river, but I am usually in more open water. I think it would benefit from conventional adjustable footpegs, or a simple clamp on footpeg (to internal longeron), rather than the even lighter current setup. This would allow you to place a little pressure on one side of the kayak or the other to counter the energy of the paddlestroke. At least that has been my experience in paddling other kayaks with lots of rocker and trying to paddle them consistently straight.

Very high quality, super easy setup, light weight. I wish it were available as a double :)

HoosierPaddler
GIIx2, Kodiak, Edisto, Citibot

Post subject: Re: Narak 405 cross
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:39 pm 
forum fan

HoosierPaddler wrote:
Actually I paddled one (no rudder) about a week ago. Very light weight, seemed quick. It will turn very quickly. Even though I am not sure it has any rocker, it seemed to want to turn. this is a definite advantage if you are floating a river, but I am usually in more open water. I think it would benefit from conventional adjustable footpegs, or a simple clamp on footpeg (to internal longeron), rather than the even lighter current setup. This would allow you to place a little pressure on one side of the kayak or the other to counter the energy of the paddlestroke. At least that has been my experience in paddling other kayaks with lots of rocker and trying to paddle them consistently straight.

Very high quality, super easy setup, light weight. I wish it were available as a double :)

HoosierPaddler
GIIx2, Kodiak, Edisto, Citibot

Cool, thanks!
I found a deal on a Grand Narak, so I purchased that instead. It just costs so much to import from the EU, and CLC Boats had the Narak available.