Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inflatable catamarans
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:11 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

I know I've mentioned these before, on this forum, but I can't find it.

For those of you interested in sailing, it looks like this might be the best way. Ducky, Smartcat, Minicat... all are manufacturers of these inflatable cats. They are already expedition-proven, and I am amazed that we haven't paid more attention to them on this forum.

This is an interesting table for those who might want to investigate further:

https://redbeardsailing.com/pages/minicat-vs-competition

Non-folding: Early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift (prototype), as well as an '84 Hobie 16.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:34 pm 
recent arrival

I saw you guys linked to our site from here. I figured I would poke my head in and say Hi. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I will answer honestly and keep the sales pitch to a minimum.

We are a MiniCat dealer, and the only MiniCat dealer in the USA. We also sell Tiwal, a monohull inflatable sailboat (inflatable laser). X-Cat, the multi-sport catamaran, it can be a sailboat, a row boat (sliding seat and all), has hard hulls but is cartoppable. Takacat, a roll away catamaran style dinghy.

I will monitor this thread for any replies and answer any questions.

Thank you,
Alex
AKA Red Beard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum. I assume if you make any sales from leads here you'll make a small contribution to keep the forum going ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 pm 
recent arrival

mje wrote:
Welcome to the forum. I assume if you make any sales from leads here you'll make a small contribution to keep the forum going ;-)

We will 100% do that. Thank you for letting me field questions here!

By the way, Chris (OP), if you'd like to get the full experience, I will gladly bring our demo boat to you and take you out sailing. We can show you how it goes together and how it sails. That way you can give an unbiased opinion about your experience.

Free of charge, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Thanks very much, RedBeard, and we're certainly glad to have you here. The boats you sell have been under-represented on this forum, and they do belong.

Non-folding: Early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift (prototype), as well as an '84 Hobie 16.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:53 pm 
recent arrival

chrstjrn wrote:
Thanks very much, RedBeard, and we're certainly glad to have you here. The boats you sell have been under-represented on this forum, and they do belong.

Thank you Chris for the welcome.

These boats have been under-represented in the entire US market, but based on the reaction we are getting at boat shows, the tide is turning towards portable solutions. People genuinely like sailing, but don't like the maintenance / storage costs associated with the sport. That's where our boats come in.

Chris, if you are interested in going sailing on one or all of our boats, let me know, I would gladly take you out sailing for the day. Simply send me an email or PM on here and we can work out the details. I am here to answer questions about these boats instead of trying to hard sell every one on them. So, lets get some questions out there and I will answer them as best as I can.

Thank you,
Alex