Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:26 pm 
paddler

SOLD-(Donation sent to forum). TRAK Seeker 16. $1600 A 16 foot performance skin on frame sea kayak. The TRAK kayak has the innovative construction using 3 hydraulic jacks to tension the frame. You can vary the rocker and make other adjustments even on the fly. It has awesome performance. New cost $2999. Complete with wheeled travel bag, spray skirt, flotation dry bags, deck lines, all original documentation. Still under warranty. It is an awesome boat. We wanted a no compromise kayak to take in our motorhome and be able to use in a variety of conditions...and Trak fills that task. Why am i selling? TRAK is introducing a new model, TRAK 2.0 which will retail for $3499. As a participant in their development advisory group, I have an opportunity to buy a new one at a substantial discount, so I am willing to sell this like new one at a very substantial discount. $1600. Located in CT, near NY City. Shipping negotiable. FYI The TRAK 2.0 has the same skin and hull design. It has some lighter components but the same on-water performance as the Seeker. In addition, it is possible to upgrade the components in the Seeker to those used in the 2.0 on an a la cart basis (e.g. lighter frame, lighter jacks, etc.)

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by mlsphd on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:14 am 
paddler

If you would like to see how this awesome kayak performs, check out the TRAK website. www.trakkayaks.com look at the videos. There is a nice Adventure Magazine review.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:10 am 
recent arrival

Do you know how heavy it is with the bag, and or without the bag when it is put together? I have been dreaming about this kayak for a couple months, but even though this is a great deal, it is not in my budget any time soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:50 pm 
paddler

It is 48lbs assembled. Not sure about the bag weight--maybe 4 or 5lbs. I don't expect this to be around once warmer weather arrives. The new Trak 2.0's are sold out until sometime in the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:04 pm 
recent arrival

Yep, I know it will probably sell before I have the cash, but maybe there will be one for me when I am ready to buy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:07 pm 
paddler

What color is it? I believe it has a 5 year warranty but will it transfer to a second owner? Do you take PayPal? I live in Quinton, VA area code 2314. If you could check on shipping cost than I will make you a fair offer.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:11 pm 
paddler

I didn't see the pictures when I sent my first reply. I see it is yellow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:52 pm 
recent arrival

Do you still have the TRAK kayak for sale...I quite interested in buying this boat

My email is russ1734@cs.com

Russell