seattle newcomer

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

george
forum fan

seattle newcomer

Post by george »

Hello from Seattle.

Lots of experience sailing and diving, just now getting into kayaks. I got interested in folding kayaks through some friends who have a Nautiraid.

I just put an order in for a new Long Haul stretch Mark 2. Should have it in time for spring.

There ae so many great places to kayak out here.

gbellware
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: seattle newcomer

Post by gbellware »

Welcome George! Great boat you chose, and do you plan to sail it as well? Lots of great paddling and sailing out your way too. Diving?....not so much, hah!

Best,
g
"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats"

Kleppers, A1 Expedition and carbon Quattro
Easy Riders, 18.6 and 17
Lots of BSD sails
Torqeedo outboard
1938 Sachs-Fichtel seitenbordmotor

george
forum fan

Re: seattle newcomer

Post by george »

I will probably get a sail rig at some point but that is not my primary interest.

I raced sailboats for years, I am now burned out on boat ownership and maintenance. A kayak is not an ideal sailboat, particularly in the cold salt water we have out here. Capsizing would not be fun.

I am looking to simplify things yet continue to enjoy the great waterways we have out here. Something reliable and stable.

Don't underestimate the diving out here. There are some world class dive spots, particularly to the north where visibility rivals tropical waters. A good dry suit with dry gloves filled with argon gas makes things nice.

Return to “Introductions”